Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Vegee Plot


Had cultivated this plot before I left for Kuala Lumpur and that was in mid July.
When I got back in mid September, it was in miserable shape, full of aphids and mealybugs. Since then I had given it a round of insecticide and watered it regularly.





Waa-hoo, what do you know, the tomato is profuse in fruits, the chilli plant has shot up to about 5 feet and full of chillies.


What amazed me most is the brinjal (egg plant), I had expected it to be of the other type which is elongated in shape but this appeared the round type. Not much fruit with it, only 3 that I had noticed.
The earliest formed had become quite big. Photo taken on 8th Nov. showed it to be around 60mm tall & 100mm in width.
As of today, I had it measured again, the width had reached 120mm and the height was 90mm.
I just wonder how big it can really grow.
According to Wikipedia, brinjal is known to grow to 250mm long and 90mm broad, can weigh up to 1 kilogram.
So far with this one, it is already broad enough but I doubt it can reach that length. It may just mature and wilt. I can wait to see what happens next in coming weeks.


No comments: