Sunday, April 20, 2008

2008 Kuala Lumpur Olympics Torch Run


Finally, the Olympics Torch had arrived in Kuala Lumpur and the torch relay will happen tomorrow, on 21st April 2008, starting from Dataran Merdeka at 2.25pm and ends at Twin Tower in KLCC.
We, Malaysians are very happy, proud and grateful for this, myself in particular.
I have been following the torch runs since it started in Athens, only a few countries have the opportunity to host this and I cannot wait for it to arrive.
Local news and television channels have carried images of the runs and in Malaysia, there is a feeling that is KL torch run will give us harmonious and joyous feelings.
If this can be a showcase, then let the world know, Malaysia is truly Asian.
The torch runs had its torrid runs of events starting from London to San Francisco, fanned by global news agencies especially CNN but begin to subdue in the third world countries.
In Kuala Lumpur, I hope it will be a joyous event for us, and I condemn those who are bent on disruption. I don’t care what they do elsewhere but don’t spoil our party!



I can’t stand but have this to add to the 'Carrefour boycott' controversies, the arrogant French said Carrefour contributed in billions from its purchase from China. In the same breath, it could have gone bankrupt if not of its competitive products from China.

No comments: