Sunday, April 27, 2008

IS RTM GOING TO SPOIL MY DAY AGAIN???


I am extremely happy today, wake up very early, there is even a skip to my walk.
Yes, you guess it, Raikkonnen got pole position for the Spainish GP on Saturday qualifying, let’s hope that he wins the race as well today.



Rather disappointed again after reading the papers, what I said before? you can always rely on RTM (Malaysian television network-government controlled) to be joy killer. They are not to screen it live, it is much more important for them to have ‘educational’ programs like news, dialogue, documentary and culture, without fail.

I still don’t get the difference, as all these programs are pre-recorded. Perhaps, they need to censure the GP program before it can be screened, you can’t have Alonso showing his mid-finger to the screen or any driver swearing???

As indicated in today’s program schedule, the replay will start at 11.30pm(Malaysian time). I am still doubtful if they will stick to the schedule, you see, most of the time, the prior or preceding programs can be so long that they ran into the scheduled programs and the effect can be dramatic, you sit in front of the TV, trying to keep yourself awake, waiting the your program to arrive and what do you know, you fell asleep when the program finally is screened.

Perhaps it is the only way to improve their rating, as information Minister always claims, their stations are tops!

Remember the Bahrain GP, about 3 weeks ago, RTM1 was to screen the replay at 12.30am as scheduled in program and what do you know, when I switch on my TV, the race is almost half way through. In another word, if you are to watch RTM TVs and not to miss a single bit, be in front and switch on the program +/- 1/2 hour as indicated (better make it an hour). Talk about efficiency ... WTF .... I shouldn’t have paid my tax so prompt lately. Is RTM going to spoil my day again?

No comments: